Monday, May 12, 2008

FRUIT SALAD

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there. I am still recuperating and had a very quiet day. I am doing much better, though. Marcy's daughter came and picked her up on Saturday so that she could spend Mother's Day and her birthday coming up with her family. Jackee, Irwin, Dominique and Tyler arrived a little after she left and gave me an early Mother's Day visit and gifts.

Here is a nice little salad I got from one of my diabetic cookbooks.

FRUIT SALAD
1 medium plum, sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 medium nectarine, sliced
1/8 honeydew
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp apricot nectar
In a small bowl, combine the plum, blueberries and nectarine. Stir to mix. Sprinkle the fruit mixture over the honeydew. In a small bowl, whisk the nutmeg into the nectar. Drizzle over the fruit.
I don't know if I mentioned that we had to have our second dog, Lady, put to sleep. All 3 of our dogs were old and it is to be expected, but, it is still painful. Our last dog, Hershey, has just turned 10. However, except for a yeast skin problem he seems very healthy. Marcy's daughter, Tamika, has a miniature dachshund puppy that she finds that she can't keep. Bill fell in love with it when he first saw it and he said we will take it in. Tamika is bringing her son, Will, this weekend to do some work in our yard, so I will guess our new little roomer will be coming then, too. Bill asked Jackie to bring Tyler to help and she said she would.
Since I am starting to feel better I am glad I can start working on some things I need done around the house. There's a lot I could do outside if I wasn't so afraid of those dreaded snakes!
We'll see how many will be seen this weekend. I'm sure hoping none.
Have a great evening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment