Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'LL LEAVE THE MAJOR GARDENING TIPS TO CHRIS

Before I learned there was a snake presence around our "space" I used to have a nice little vegetable garden and planted some flowers around the house. I bought gardening books and was all into it. Now the thought of snakes kills any gardening thoughts I might have. I just plant my herbs in pots outside and I have a small little garden by my driveway. Last year I had hanging fern plants on my front porch and birds kept making nests and laying eggs in them. A couple of years ago Annie had given my granddaughter, Dominique, a strawberry pot because she loves strawberries. Dominique and Tyler spend their summers here. I sat it on our front porch and as soon as a strawberry grew it was gone. There was a squirrel that was coming on the porch and eating it. It was funny when I moved it and he came to look for it and couldn't find it. Anyhow, I will leave the major gardening tips to Chris and I will put it whatever tip, recipe or stroke of genius that comes to my mind.

Yesterday and today I was busy with our church's resale shop. We were open from 8a.m. to 12p.m. and we did really good in sales. We were busy both days. Great donations are given to us by the community and we sell it at very, very low prices. And the stuff we sell is not junk. Yesterday we sold all clothes (including coats and jackets), shoes and purses for 50 cents each. If it was a suit it was still 50 cents. Today we sold all at 25 cents each. Some of the stuff still had their original price tags on them. We called it our rain sale since it was pouring outside and we had tornado watches. The money taken in goes to help the needy in the parish. Plus if anyone need something they can just contact the people in charge of the shop and come to the shop and pick out whatever they need. It's fun helping out there and mentally rewarding.

I went to see my mother yesterday and she wasn't very responsive. I felt that she could tell it was me when she looked at me, though. Ricky got a toy poodle for her quite awhile ago which she adores. A doctor had suggested it and that was a fantastic idea. Cosmo could always cheer her up. It is an older dog that he got from an animal rescue place. I swear Cosmo was made for our mother. He has always listened so well. And he instinctively knew that he was her dog. Ricky even bought the doggie steps so that he could go to bed with her because she wanted him with her all of the time. Now Cosmo goes up those steps walks up and looks in her face for a second and then just goes and lies down by her. It is the most touching sight. Sometimes when she is a little bit more responsive it brings a smile to her face. She can't pet him or anything now because she can't move her arms to do so. I know even though her eyes might not be open she knows he's there and that makes her feel a bit better.

Well, now I am going to get some things done and get ready for church in the morning. I hope you have a peaceful, restful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment