Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HEALTH INSURANCE

I am sorry I haven't been on here for awhile, but, my world has been topsy-turvy as usual. However, I just felt compelled to comment on something that I just heard on Good Morning America. Some health care insurance companies are raising their premiums by quite a percentage. One shown was Anthem Blue Cross and was showing a 39 percent increase. While listening to the report the awful thing that hit me was that healthy people are cancelling their insurance to save money! My greatest tip ever is this - IF YOU CAN AFFORD INSURANCE, HAVE IT!!! You might be healthy now, but, any health problem can hit at anytime. I had a healthy nephew in his 20's who developed an awful case of shingles. Right now I have another healthy nephew whose one lung collapsed last week and had to go to the ER. My point is simply this - you might feel healthy, think you are healthy, but some ugly little thing could be developing in your body. My husband, Bill, was always healthy. Then in 2004 he was hit with strokes and we were lucky we carry insurance. He was in his 60's at the time but friends of ours had a healthy son in his 30's have a stroke the year before and he died. Several of my family members were struck with cancer and they thought they were healthy.

Now for the good side of life. My brother, Andy, came from AZ to visit with us for a couple of weeks because he wanted to spend time with Bill at home and not in a hospital or rehab center. It was a great two weeks that went by too, too fast. He did have to spend an extra 2 days because the airports got snowed in. Down South, of all places. Of course, our brother, Ricky, our sister-in-law, Annie, our sister, Marcy, our nephew, Demetrius & our niece, Rikki, were here as often as they could since we all live in the same town. Our nephew, Phil, and his family came from Atlanta and our niece, Tamika, and her family, our sister, Roxy, her son, Jaritte, and my daughter Sue came from Summerville. It was so great to have us all altogher where it was not us getting together for an illness or death. He met my granddaughter's and our niece's respective boyfriends and gave them his okay after his meeting and surreptiously observing them. They passed and he invited them over for pizza and wings which was fun. He helped a lot of things with Bill and I mentally & physically and he is truly missed. Always check his blog or his Ning Network for some informative and insightful info.

I am so blessed to have some awesome siblings. I attribute it to the fact that we had awesome parents. I had 4 brothers and 3 sisters. Sadly, 2 brothers and 1 sister have passed. Except for Andy, the ones of us left live either in the same town or 2 hours apart. Ricky and Annie live here and are so helpful with Bill. They come over to take him to his therapy which he has twice a week when they can. Then they spend time here to help keep his spirits up. And to get a break from me. LOL. Marcy is a CNA and I can call her anytime for help. Plus she comes over when she can. Demetrius is coming over to do our yardwork. Again I say I am blessed with a wonderful family.

I am going to end now, but, must please ask for prayers for my sister-in-law, Annie, and Rick and her family because I just heard from her that one of her sisters passed.

Have a blessed and wonderful week. Stay warm and keep that health care insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment