Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HEALTH-CARE ASSOCIATED INFECTION

I received a comment on one of my blogs from a lady named Barbara. She evidently is trying to get the information and prevention out about Health-Care Associated Infection. She gave me permission to copy info from the website. However, instead of just cutting and pasting a little here, I am going to give the web address. The site is very informative and I want to thank Barbara.

It's ironic that I read it today because today Bill had a Spinal Cord Stimulation procedure done. Chris took us in their truck because our little car is not comfortable for Bill to ride in. She and Dennis are always there for us if we need them. The procedure he had done is a test run to see if it will help with his chronic pain. We have talked to so many people about it that we are sure it is going to work.It's a lot technical for me to explain here but they threaded a wire up by his spine. There is a cord attached to a "pacemaker" like box that is on the outside. He has a remote control to use with it. After a few days it will be removed. He will then have a permanent one put in and the box will be implanted in his lower area. This isn't very technical so if anyone is interested in finding more info for themselves or someone else in chronic pain I'll give the websites. Bill had a Medronic one put in. It is called Neurostimulation Therapy. The website is
TameThePain.com
Another is from St. Jude medical and their site

poweroveryourpain.com

I will for sure be back to give you the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment