Monday, September 1, 2008

REMOVING INK STAINS

Monday night we got the bad news that our 5 month old great-granddaughter had to go to the E.R. because she couldn't keep anything down. To make a long story short, ultra-sound showed that part of her bowel had collapsed into another part. She had laproscopic surgery and came through like a trooper and is doing great now. You can believe quite a few tears were shed on my part because I couldn't be there with her, but, I knew she was in good hands with her grandma and grandfather. Plus her parents got to Summerville from Atlanta as quick as possible. They had left Jasmine and Quentin, Jr. with Sue and Otis for a few days because Sue and Otis wanted grandparent time. All is great now and we are all happy.

This weekend Tamika, Will, Mia and Darionna came to visit. Marcy, Chris and I had plans on doing our flea market bit Saturday and Mia and Darionna are Marcy and my little helpers. We each did a little sales, but, it was as hot as Hades and we were under roofs. We were glad to pack up and go home. But, we will be back out there again because it is fun. That afternoon Aaritt and his family came and we had a full house. Which is the typical Jr. Luck style. For some of us, that is. He is such a great help to Bill and always has been such a sweet kid. If they lived closer and gas wasn't so high, I know that he would be here more often to help Bill. I wish we had more nephews or grandsons like him, I'll tell you that. They left Sunday afternoon after he finished doing yardwork with Tamika's son, Will. I went to bed and laid down for awhile and fell asleep. I woke up to great food smells. Tamika was cooking a great dinner and, boy, did we eat. Even my niece, Rikki, who goes to college here came over with her roommate to eat. Later we watched some movies and then went to bed.

Before going to bed, though, I was on the phone a lot with Ricky and Andy checking on our family in LA and TX who were being affected by Gustav. Some had to evacuate. Thank goodness all are doing okay.

My ink remover tip is if the material is still wet with the ink, saturate it with lemon juice and wash with your regular detergent.

Now I am going to do a little chacha-ing and then go to bed. Be safe if you are in Gustav's path and pray for everyone affected by him. It looks like the next one could make the way up the FL, GA & SC coast. If that happens, our Summerville family will have to evacuate possibly. So I better start to stock up for the onslaught of evacuees. Well, we have a few more days to see what the deal is. Goodnight and be safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment