Sunday, March 15, 2009

STALE SANDWICH BREAD

In today's economy we all have to really be as frugal as possible. In my house with just Bill, Marcy & I a loaf of bread sometimes goes fast & then sometimes it sits there for awhile. Even when I buy the smaller loaf. If it is not stale, stale but a little not as spongey as I like it, I make the sandwich and put it in the microwave for a quick zap. I remember when microwaves first came out, I would eat nothing but heated sandwiches for the longest time. Now I'm doing it again. Since I am trying to diet I am not eating many sandwiches these days, though. But, I just happened to think this is one tip that can save people a little bit of money. We do it, too, with leftover biscuits and garlic bread. Just moisten a paper towel and place over the bread on a microwaveable plate and microwave a few seconds. Nice and soft again!

Yesterday Bill went with the Knights to donate wheelchairs to vets at the V.A. that they volunteer at. CNN showed the donating today. Pretty neat.

Last night we went to the Knights St. Patrick's Day party & had a good time. The food was good, company great & rocking d.j. What more could you want? Maybe a younger or more in shape body? I don't exercise, but, sure got a workout last night! Bill hasn't danced much in a few years since he has had his medical problems. The music finally got to him and he got up & he really danced. Earlier one of the women had seen me bouncing around at my table because one of my favorite songs "That Old Time Rock & Roll" came in. She came over and said her husband loved to dance and would I dance with him if he came over when another song came on. I said sure & he did & was I tired after we got done! I finally got Bill up & we danced a lot. We both were exhausted when we left & are just relaxing today. We went to Golden Corral after church so I don't have to worry about cooking today! Now I am just resting and checking the web. I haven't even ChaCha'ed today.

Have a great evening and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment