Monday, March 2, 2009

SIMPLE WAY TO GIVE DIRECTIONS TO YOUR HOME

I heard about someone doing this a long time ago and thought it was a great idea. For some reason, everytime I think of it Bill Cosby comes to mind. So maybe I heard or saw something about him saying this.

Anyhow, it is always hard for me to give someone directions to my home from the Interstate because there are so many twists and turns. I know others must have the same problem. A good remedy for this is to drive the route and have an audio recorder on. Describe what you are doing - what turns you make, road you are on, places or buildings you pass, etc. Do this all the way to your home. Transfer this to a dvd & send it to someone when they are going to need directions to your home if you have time. If you have a webcam, you can relay the info to it and email it. Pretty simple, huh? To tell you the truth, I have not done this yet, but, it is such a great idea. Each time someone comes to visit and gets lost, I think of it. The last one was my sister-in-law Kim who was visiting from AZ. What made it even worse is that she was traveling at night and a lot of the roads here have no street lights. When my brother, Andy, visits he makes sure he is here before it gets dark because it really gets dark! I have to get around to making that dvd myself!

I've been enjoying talking by video calls to my brother in Arizona and my niece in the Netherlands by Skype. The really great thing is that computer to computer it is free! Boy, this technical age is so awesome!

Have a great day! This is going to be a lazy day for me since I have decided to do nothing for the next 2 days to give my body a chance to heal. I will be doing my ChaCha (yep, I am still making a little ChaCha money) and watching t.v.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story as for me. I'd like to read something more about this theme. Thnx for giving that info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i easily enjoy your own writing choice, very exciting.
    don't quit and also keep writing seeing that it simply just that is worth to follow it,
    looking forward to look over more of your current content, thanks!

    ReplyDelete