Thursday, November 6, 2008

PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA -THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

That is a quote from Chris, so I can't take credit for it. It is what she said to me yesterday when I talked to her. Since he is bi-racial we have a black and a white president -the best of both worlds! I didn't get a chance to get online and write yesterday because I was quite busy. I stayed up late watching the election and results and ChaCha'ing. The next morning I got up and had to go grocery shopping since I had not been shopping in over a week. Then since I had laid in bed about a week, my hair was a mess. So I had to go to the salon that afternoon. Then I watched my ex-daughter-in-law's 2 year old son (who is really like our grandson) while she attended the wake of her maternal grandmother. On top of all of that, the bothersome germ that is evidently still lurking in my body flared up yesterday evening. After she picked him up I went to bed, but, I couldn't get to sleep until after 4a.m. Now I'm back up because Bill and I are going to her grandmother's funeral this morning.

Anyhow, congratulations to President-elect Obama! I never thought the day would come during my lifetime that the U.S. would have a black president. I still remember the awful things we personally went through during the Civil Rights days. Most of it, of course, we experienced as we traveled to and from Louisiana and Texas every other summer. But, still we experienced some growing up in Pittsburgh. A lot of it because my brother and I were about the only blacks in our school and kids can be mean. We survived, though, because we had a strong father and mother who we saw survive things. A great new world is opening for the U.S. and the world and I am glad that I am here to see the beginning.

Now, I better go get ready to start the day. I hope you all have a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment